Other contacts

Individual Consumer Queries

If you are a consumer with a specific financial services problem, we are sorry but the Panel is unable to deal with individual consumers' problems.

There are other organisations which should be able to help you:

If you want to find out more about different financial products and services, or want to know more about your rights:
Visit Money Advice Service

Money Advice Line – 0300 500 5000

 If you want to know more about the FCA and its policies and whether firms are authorised:
Visit FCA website

FCA Consumer Helpline – 0845 606 1234 

If you have a specific complaint about a financial services firm, regulated by the FCA, you should first take it up with the firm concerned. If you still have a complaint, you should contact the Financial Ombudsman Service:

Visit the Financial Ombudsman Service

Telephone: 0845 080 1800 (call rates may vary)

If your financial services firm was authorised, but is now unable to pay - usually because it has gone out of business - there is a safety net for customers who have lost out. For more details contact the Financial Services Compensation Scheme:

Visit the Financial Services Compensation Scheme

Telephone: 020 7892 7300


Other sources of financial information for consumers

The following websites also contain useful information for consumers about financial matters:




Relevant links

Find out about our current issues and what we’re doing about them.

What we’re doing for consumers

What we've done for consumers

Find out about the issues that we have taken up on behalf of consumers in the past few years.

What we've done